28th April 2011, www.dailynews.lk, By Charumini De Silva
The CSE has been able to capture more attention and interest in foreign investments compared to the regional markets.
There will be a 40 percent growth in the earnings of listed companies in the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE) whereas the listed companies in the regional countries will record a growth of around 18 to 22 percent for this year.
Speaking to the Daily News Business Richard Pieris Securities CEO Jayantha Perera said the country indicates a positive economic outlook with the low interest rate regime encouraging tax system. “The growth momentum will continue,” he said.
The listed companies and investors will benefit remarkably while contributing immensely to enhance the economy.
The expected earnings in the market are trading currently at a price earning multiply of around 14 times.
“Investors are coming back and little collections on certain counters such as banking, food and beverage and retail sectors are noticed. Since the commodity prices have increased these counters have attracted an impressive number of investors. The overall market will re-bound fully at the beginning of May. Currently, there are a flock of buyers, but not enough sellers. This generates a lower daily turnover in the market,” he said.
There will be a number of upcoming Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) in the next few months and those who will not enter the capital market within the next couple of months will definitely regret.
The existing companies and the investors are harnessing high returns on their investments. There will be around four IPOs lined up for the next three months and this indicates the confidence level of both foreign and local investors over the CSE.
Related Info :
• Sri Lanka IPOs To Triple after Colombo Stock Index Posted the Biggest Gain in Asia
• Colombo Stock Exchange Earnings Soared 126pct Year on Year to Rs121.1bn in 2010. This year to Mirror the Same
• Colombo Stock Exchange All Time High. All Share Price Index Closed at 7,193.10
• Colombo Stock Exchange to Double Market Cap to $20bn by 2012
• Colombo Stock Exchange Becomes Best Performing Capital Market in the World Recording 111.14pct Growth